Heal Accounting is growing, and we are looking to hire an HR Manager to help guide and lead us in this growth. The human resource manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource function.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plan, organize, and control all activities of the department. Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Implement and update annually the compensation program; rewrite job descriptions as necessary; conduct annual salary surveys and develop merit pool (salary budget); analyze compensation; monitor the performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain a handbook on policies and procedures; perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program, and cash flow.
- Develop and maintain affirmative action program (if needed); file EEO-1 annually; maintain other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conduct recruitment efforts for all exempt, nonexempt, and temporary workers; write and place advertisements; work with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conduct reference checking; extend job offers; conduct new-employee orientations; monitor career-path program and employee relations counseling; conduct exit interviews.
- Establish and maintain department records and reports. Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings, such as seminars. Maintain organizational charts and employee directory.
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A bachelor’s degree or five years of human resource experience required; A master’s degree in human resource management preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.
- Strong communication skills and a consultative approach.
- Ability to critically evaluate solutions, benefit packages, and candidates through the lens of our firm’s and clients’ unique needs.
- Experience leading and overseeing a department in an HR function.
- Global and cultural awareness.
- Ethical practice and relationship management.
- Ability to occasionally travel locally during the business day, and some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Jodie Heal at email@example.com.