We are currently looking to hire a Tax Manager with the business acumen and leadership skills needed to succeed. The Tax Manager role is responsible for coaching, advising, and a leading a team of tax preparers while managing and delivering high-quality service to clients.
- Develop and strengthen long-term relationships with senior client management and peer client levels.
- Develop and be accountable for the assignment work plan by ensuring assigned tasks and responsibilities are achieved. Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve assignment objectives.
- Advise, coach, and support team members through consistent recognition and encouragement to team members to increase retention and utilization.
- Structure work teams to successfully meet client expectations and help develop strong client partnerships.
- In consultation with the team lead, develop client solutions, manage implementation of ideas, anticipate project issues, assesses alternative solutions, and take appropriate measures to resolve assignment issues.
- Manage the assignment budget and profitability in their area of responsibility in partnership with the firm administrator.
- Anticipate and communicate budget issues, identifies opportunities to improve assignment profitability, prepare billings, and assist in collections.
- Leverage commercial and market knowledge to anticipate and identify client needs and opportunities to sell/cross-sell additional value-added services and refer them to the appropriate lead.
- Support the firm administrator in the development and planning of practice objectives and budgets.
- Successfully build, direct, and maintain a motivated and empowered work team in partnership with the firm administrator.
- Support the firm administrator in developing new initiatives to increase retention, meet resourcing needs (including recruitment interviews), utilization, and people development.
- Build strong coaching skills, and share and transfer knowledge in the team
- Develop functional specialization and/or industry expertise.
- Actively pursue self-development opportunities.
- Current Certified Public Accountant license in the State of Maine, or a state that recognizes reciprocity with the State of Maine.
- Degree qualification and/or relevant professional experience.
- Business acumen.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills.
- A developing area in field of expertise and industry profile.
- Strong client relationship skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong team management skills – the ability to lead, motivate and coach teams of people.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop less experienced team members.
- A strong knowledge of firm products and services in the practice area and a working knowledge of products and services in other practice areas.
- A sound understanding of market trends including opportunities, global and local business initiatives, and stakeholder/competitor interests.
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Retirement plan
- Dental insurance
- Collaborative and friendly work environment
- Remote-friendly position
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Jodie Heal at firstname.lastname@example.org.